Full Job Description
Job Summary: EHMC is seeking a full-time NURSE PRACTITIONER (APRN) or PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (PA) to join a very enthusiastic team in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery. The ideal candidate would excel in communication, interpersonal skills, precise documentation, and clinical expertise in the management of all phases of care for the cardiac surgery patient. The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at EHMC currently performs 500+ adult cardiac and thoracic surgical cases per year, and is experiencing steady growth. The responsibilities of the PA/NP include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and documents a complete medical history and physical exam for patients in consultation.
- Provides clinical management of cardiothoracic surgery patients in all phases of care to include: performs clinical assessment of CVICU, stepdown, telemetry and office patient; documents findings; writes orders and coordinates discharges.
- Counsels patients and their families on all aspects of peri-operative therapies. Performs pre-operative and post-operative teaching where necessary.
- Directly communicates with referring and consulting physicians.
- Communicates plans of care with patients and their families as well as visiting nurses, acute and sub-acute rehabilitation facilities as needed when their questions concern the management of cardiothoracic patients.
Department: Location: Englewood, NJ Status: Full Time Shift: Night Shift Hours: 6:30pm-8:00am
- 1-2 years of experience as cardiac surgery provider preferred
- Education requirements:
- For PAs: Bachelor’s Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- For NPs: Master’s Degree Required
- If Nurse Practitioner (APRN): Current NJ State Advanced Practice Nurse License, current BLS and ACLS, current CDS and DEA licenses.
- If Physician Assistant (PA): Current NJ PA license and certification by NCCPA, current BLS and ACLS, current CDS and DEA licenses.
***COVID Vaccination Requirement***
Englewood Health requires all newly hired team members to provide either (a) documentation of Covid-19 vaccination, or (b) documentation of receipt of Covid-19 vaccination dose #1 prior to hire date, and to complete the series within the prescribed schedule for the particular vaccination. If pursuant to option (b), a candidate is not fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work, documentation must be presented upon completion of the series as a condition of employment. A pre-employment candidate may request an exemption due to the candidate’s bona fide religious belief or disability, and any offer of employment will be conditioned upon approval of the request.