This job posting is expired. You can find similar job postings below.
Full Job Description
The Physician Assistant is responsible for diagnosing and treating a variety of diseases and injuries in a Family Practice model setting; provides comprehensive, outpatient medical services for individuals and families on a continuing basis; and may, at certain locations, be responsible for medical assistant (MA) clinical supervision and continuing verification of the MA’s clinical skills competency. Additionally, at certain sites, the Physician Assistant is responsible for dispensing pharmaceuticals from the clinic dispensary and taking routine clinical x-rays.
We offer our providers a competitive salary and benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, additional insurance purchase options, and professional liability coverage under the Federal Tort Claim Act. In addition, our FQHC status offers loan repayment scholarship eligibility through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC).
- Provides direct patient care in clinical setting. Be a part of a clinic team to continually improve services.
- Patient assessments
- Diagnoses and treats a variety of diseases and injuries
- Performs variety of procedures in the clinic
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency
- Conducts physical exams for school, jobs or eligibility for insurance coverage
- Elicits and records information
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide informaiton on patient’s condition
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and exams, and diagnoses condition of patient
- Administers, prescribes and dispenses treatments and medications
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients
- Promotes health by educating the patient regarding diet, hygiene and prevention of disease
- Reports births, deaths and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities
- Refers patients to consultant services as needed
- Informs patient and patient family of risks associated with procedures and assures signatures are obtained in accordance with NVHC policy and procedures
- Provides emotional support, compassion and is sympathetic to patient needs
- Provides emergency medical services
- Does triage for walk-ins, call-ins and urgent patients
- Reviews and follows up all normal and abnormal lab results
- Reviews charts on all “no shows” and cancelled appointments per NVHC policy and procedure
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant school and certified by the American Academy of Physician Assistants. Must be licensed in the State of Nevada.