Full Job Description
Seeking a full-time, highly motivated, and energetic Physician Assistant for a busy multi-specialty practice. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Full benefits after probationary period.
MUST BE CERTIFIED AND LICENSED IN THE STATE OF NEVADA.
PRIMARY CARE & SPECIALTY
- Assess patients’ health.
- Write orders as needed per patient condition according to departmental procedures with approval of the Physician.
- Inform physicians about any problems or discrepancies that might arise.
- Acquire and review patient histories identifying abnormal conditions.
- Monitor patients’ progress and keep records of treatments, surgeries, or other medical events.
- Attend to emergencies.
- Provide help during surgeries.
- Prepare patients for examinations and conduct routine procedures (measure blood pressure and temperature, administer injections etc.)
- Provide therapeutic treatments (disinfecting wounds, stitching etc.)
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for the patients.
- Comply strictly with medical care regulations and safety standards.
- Collaborate effectively with team members of various specializations.
- The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will comply with all departmental written practice protocols, applicable State and Federal laws regulations.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize effectively and simultaneously.
- Must possess good communication skills, verbally and orally.
- Must be pleasant and able to deal with the public and a variety of personalities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all operating room staff, patients, their family members, and other health care personnel.
- Familiarity with advancements in medical technology and current know-how
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Caring and compassionate
- Provides patient care consistent with the scope of practice of the Supervising Physician.
- Performs physical examination using established physical assessment skills.
- Writes progress notes and orders in accordance with department procedures as observed by Physician.
- Performs procedures as needed in accordance with departmental procedures and protocols, with consent of the Physician.
- Consults Physicians for difficult problems as needed and observed by feedback from those consulted.
- Instructs and counsels patient and families in collaboration with other health team members.
- Interprets and documents results of significant lab work and ancillary testing before the end of workday.
- Notifies Physician of significant lab findings or results of ancillary testing before the end of the workday.
- Orders lab work and appropriate ancillary tests as per patient’s medical condition and discussion with Physician.
- Delivers direct care to those patients requiring the expertise of an advanced practitioner. Serves as a consultant in improving patient care and provide resources to the nursing staff as needed.
- Actively participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of practice related programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- Monday to Friday
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physician Assistant License (Required)
Work Location: In person