Full Job Description
Schlessinger MD, one of the nation’s busiest and highly recognized dermatology clinics, is excited to add a Physician Assistant to the team. Our Physician Assistants, under the direction of double board-certified dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon, and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Joel Schlessinger, play a crucial role in delivering best-in-class patient care and clinical research. Our award-winning practice, part of the LovelyGroup, is rated the best in Omaha, thanks in large part to our to our amazing team.
In this new PA role to our established practice, you’ll be working with Dr. Schlessinger and team to understand this field and learn how we practice.
- Working in alignment with Dr. Schlessinger and his patient schedule, conduct thorough initial and ongoing patient assessments, including medical history review and physical examination.
- Shadow and perform minor surgical procedures (excisions, cyst removals, and wart treatments) and certain laser procedures.
- Create a positive patient experience by demonstrating empathy, active listening, and clear communication.
- Conduct ongoing assessments as part of clinical protocols in Schlessinger MD Skin Research Center.
- Maintain accurate and detailed electronic medical records (EMR) for all patient interactions, assessments, diagnoses, and treatments.
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in dermatology.
- Adhere to all practice policies, protocols, and ethical guidelines.
- Take on-call related calls for off-hour patient inquiries as part of a rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state Physician Assistant license
- NCCPA certification
- DEA certification
- Strong interest in dermatology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
LovelyGroup is pleased to offer these great perks:
- Quick access to exceptional health, dental and vision coverage. Coverage available on the 1st of the month after you start
- Dual Retirement Saving Approach: Generous 401k with match AND company profit sharing
- Competitive salaries and annual bonus
- Flexible paid time off for salaried employees. No formal PTO bank needed here…
- Generous employee discount on all products and services
The LovelyGroup includes LovelySkin.com, SchlessingerMD, the LovelySkin Retail store and Day Spa, Olive and Delmar, and Cosmetic Surgery Forum (CSF). Spanning this diversified set of companies and services, we’re delighted to unify under one core mission: To help everyone feel confident in their skin. LovelyGroup is proud to be an employer who champions innovation, prioritizes employee-centric benefits and leads the market in setting a generous livable wage for all employees.
At LovelyGroup, we don’t just accept difference- we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our patients and customers, and our community. LovelyGroup is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace.