Full Job Description
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Works under the supervision of a physician to give quality treatment, referral and follow-up care in a surgical specialty or trauma emergency department setting.
- Performs health histories, physical exams, individual and group health education. – 20%
- Orders diagnostic laboratory tests and radiological tests, including special testing such as CTs, MRIs, ultrasound, and contrast studies with physician approval. – 20%
- Interprets physical findings, lab and x-ray results, makes diagnoses, and formulates and carries out treatment plan, prescribing medication in accordance to state licensing laws. – 20%
- Refers cases to immediate supervising physician when patient conditions are complicated, exceed the Physician Assistant’s limit of care or level of training. – 20%
- Provides emergency care to prevent the loss of life, limb or eyesight. Institutes emergency procedures in accordance with level of training. – 10%
- Supports clinic function by participating in policy development, operational improvement and the implementation of policies and improvements. – 10%
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant program approved by an accredited medical body such as CAHEA, American Medical Association or the Association of Medical College.
- Experience – No previous experience required
Other Required Skills/Experience –
Knowledge of a wide variety of medical conditions/diseases/types of injuries; excellent communication skills.
Variable (United States of America)
2237 Emergency Medicine
22371000 Emergency Medicine-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.