Full Job Description
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Advanced Practice Providers
Main Campus Jackson
To manage and provide patient medical care and promotes patient health and wellness by assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate patient care under the supervision of a physician and in accordance with UMMC, state, and federal requirements and guidelines. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: PANCE certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and licensure by the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure prior to hire date.
Ability to educate patients and family members as to the nature of the disease/injury, proper care and treatment and preventative health care. Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures; evaluates patient’s medical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
- Obtains, compiles, and records patient medical data to include health history, progress notes, treatment procedures, and results of physical examination.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Prescribes therapy and medications according to treatment plan. Provides guidance and instruction to patients and families regarding disease processes, therapies, outcomes, and preventative health care.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Serves on at least one hospital or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care or work area.
- Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- Functions as expert/resource to clinic staff in area of specialty.
- Serves as educator and mentor to students and new hire advance practice providers.
- Contributes to the professional development for peers, colleagues and others upon request.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.