Full Job Description
Shift: Day (United States of America)
Weekend Rotation: Occasional
Job Profile Summary: Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community. Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance
- Master’s degree Completion of accredited Physician Assistant program required
- Licensed Physician Assistant – MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire
- Certification as Physician Assistant – NCCPA National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants upon hire required
- Master’s degree Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- Licensed Registered Nurse – MN Board of Nursing required upon hire and
- Certified Nurse Practitioner – ANCC – American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) required certification within specialty upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 – Multisource required within 180 Days and
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
Physical Demands Medium Work*: Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:
Allina Health Woodbury Clinic is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their busy practice.
- Primary care team has 10 Family Medicine Physicians and 3 PAs, 1 Pediatrician, 4 IM Peds Physicians, 2 Internal Medicine
- Services offered: Eye exams, acupuncture, allergy, medical imaging, OB/GYN, travel medicine, and mental health services
- 36 patient contact hours per week
- Minimal call coverage, phone only, RN triage support
- Outpatient practice providing care to all ages, including growing families
- Clinic hours are Monday-Friday: 7am-5pm and closed Saturday-Sunday
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
A growing suburb in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, Woodbury is located just 15 minutes southeast of St. Paul, the state’s capital. The city is in close proximity to one of Minnesota’s largest employers, 3M, and to the St. Croix River Valley, providing a beautiful natural setting and year-round recreational opportunities. Woodbury is known for its attractive residential neighborhoods, which are connected by more than 100 miles of multi-use trails and surrounded by 3,000 acres of dedicated park land. In addition, eight small lakes, most with public parks and pathways, dot the city.