Full Job Description
iSpine Clinics is a growing pain management practice that provides compassionate, personalized, and coordinated care to patients. Our mission is to improve our patients’ quality of life by providing minimally invasive and maximally effective treatments for chronic pain conditions.
We are excited to be offering a part-time (3-4 days/week) position for Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner. This position is for our southern metro clinic locations (ispineclinics.com and requires regular travel between these clinic locations). There will be no weekends or holidays.
General summary of duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to working with patients of all ages, who have some type of medical issue, illness, injury, or other difficulty that affects their ability to move and perform daily activities. Evaluate and treat patients utilizing best practices.
Position reports to: Chief Operating Officer, iSpine Clinics
· Be a graduate Physician Assistant or a Certified Nurse Practitioner qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician assistant or certified nurse practitioner under supervision of a physician.
·Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
·Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
·BLS and ACLS certification.
·Skill in identifying and resolving problems
·Ability to exercise a degree of initiative and judgment
·Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, coworkers, and the public
·Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing
·Proficiency in the operation of a computer and other office equipment
·Sit for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, stoop, and stretch
·Ability to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment
·Occasionally drive to other locations
·Maintain a current and valid driver’s license
Duties and responsibilities:
· Provide acute and chronic pain specialty care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
· Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
· Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient’s condition. Perform a general physical examination and/or a pain focused examination.
· Responsible for examination of patients and formulation of differential diagnostic plans. Define and order required diagnostic testing. Interpret exam findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
· Recognize more complicated cases, initiate treatment (if appropriate), and refer to a higher level of medical expertise for diagnosis and/or treatment. Plan and initiate proper treatment within defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility.
· Communicate to other health personnel either orally or in writing the findings, diagnosis, and planned treatment regimen. Stabilize and manage a patient in a medical or surgical emergency and/or transfer to physician care. Maintain medical records in accordance with iSpine’s procedures.
· Perform simple injections as comfortable or needed.
· Perform other clinic related duties as required by supervising physicians or leadership.
· Restock supplies
· Participates in educational activities and programs
· Prepares for and reports at meetings as required
· Maintains strict confidentiality; and treats staff, physicians, patients, and visitors with respect
· Performs other related work as required
The work of this position is performed in an environmentally controlled office environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Pain Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
- No weekends
- Please provide your wage requirements.
- Physician Assistant License or Certified Nurse Practitioner? (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Burnsville, MN: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In personApply on Indeed
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Burnsville, MN