Full Job Description
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That’s just the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team at Corewell Health.
Full-time, Day Shift
Under the general guidance of the medical director, the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with diseases and adverse health conditions following the written guidelines approved by the department.
Corewell Health offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all of our campuses
- Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
- Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment. Works in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
- Writes prescriptions for medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Determines eligibility of patients for entry into clinical trials based on findings.
- Requests written consultation from physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure appropriate and quality patient care.
- Interprets and evaluates findings of studies/tests.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Administers therapeutic measures and obtains specimens as prescribed.
- Evaluates the quality of care provided and recommends changes for improvement.
- Initiates appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of the client.
- Dictates follow-up letters to referring physicians with summaries of treatment, response, and plan.
- Maintains provision of preventive health services (e.g. screening, risks assessment, immunizations, PAP smears, self-breast exam).
- Dictates or writes patient history, admissions, care plans, progress, and discharge notes.
- Interacts with program assistants and data managers for optimal patient care.
- Assists in the management of family dynamics and coping mechanisms during acute and chronic phases of patient care.
- Conducts or participates in daily multidisciplinary rounds and ensures appropriate and quality care for assigned patient.
- Provides on-call coverage.
- Performs patient triage and determines the urgency of physician’s evaluation.
- Provides symptom management for side effects related to oncologic treatment.
Education / Training:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing OR a Masters in Physician Assistant studies
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as an Advanced Practice nurse in a specialty clinical setting, preferred.
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license required
- AHA/ARC BLS certification required
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
SITE – Troy Professional Office Building – 44199 Dequindre – Troy
HB HOPD – Hematology/Oncology Troy
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
Monday – Thursday
CURRENT COREWELL HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Corewell Health team members only.
Corewell Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors, and community. We require a drug-free workplace and require team members to comply with the MMR, Varicella, Tdap, and Influenza vaccine requirement if in an on-site or hybrid workplace category. We are committed to supporting prospective team members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment due to a disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief.
Corewell Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
You may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- West Bloomfield Township, MI