Full Job Description
- Provides inpatient and outpatient medical/surgical care, (e.g.: Patient history, physical examination, ordering and interpreting medical and laboratory tests, making medical/surgical diagnoses and instituting treatment programs) with the supervision but not necessarily the presence of a qualified physician member of the medical staff.
- Specific procedures within a specific surgical specialty are individually credentialed as indicated by training and experience.
- Within HFHS, functions as part of a medical/surgical care team.
- The right candidate will provide comprehensive patient care on the Thoracic Surgery Service by rotating between inpatient, outpatient, and OR responsibilities.
- Scheduled for 5, 8-hour shifts per week; Monday-Friday
- Opportunity to work closely with multiple surgeons and with PGY2 and PGY4 general surgery residents.
- Complex surgical cases and training for bedside assisting with robotic procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as organizational skills, familiarity with computers, and excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to react to crisis situations quickly and effectively using department protocols and guidelines.
- Must be a master’s prepared Registered Nurse who has graduated and taken the board certification within their chosen specialty -OR- Requires a bachelor’s degree; completion of an AMA-approved Physician Assistant program; licensure as a Physician Assistant.
- Must have no encumbering circumstances, which would prevent credentialing by the Henry Ford Medical board.
- Requires licensure as a Certified Nurse Practitioner; licensure as a Registered Nurse -OR- Physician Assistant and be eligible or have obtained a DEA number for prescriptive authority in Michigan.
- Surgical experience in any specialty is a plus.
- Willing and able to perform all three functions including OR first assist, independent and shared clinic visits, inpatient rounding and consults.
- The team rotates these responsibilities on the service weekly so need to be well-rounded and a good communicator with teammates and with other inpatient/outpatient departments for coordination of care.
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Detroit, MI