Full Job Description
- The PA-ICU/Critical Care will work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary critical care unit.
- The PA-ICU/Critical Care will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, consultation, and care coordination as a first line provider to critically ill patients and their families.
- Provides inpatient medical care for critically ill patients requiring ICU level of care.
- Works in collaboration with intensivist physicians, attending physicians, consultants, house officers, nurses, and other members of the medical care team to ensure that patient outcomes are achieved safely and efficiently.
- Specific procedures as per credentialing as indicated by training and experience.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/ CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURES REQUIRED:
- Must have no encumbering circumstances which would prevent credentialing by the Henry Ford Medical board
- Requires licensure as a Certified Nurse Practitioner; licensure as a Registered Nurse; -OR- Requires licensure as a Physician Assistant
- Must be eligible or have obtained a DEA number for prescriptive authority in Michigan
- Current ACLS/BLS as required.
- Current ATLS/PALS provider status as required.
- Requires certification in one of the following: ANA certification exam in a nursing specialty field; National Certification Corporation (NCC); National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Associates; and/or Certification from Michigan State Board of Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) -OR- Continued certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Team player
- Critical care experience
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Detroit, MI