Full Job Description
Job Location: Detroit, MI – Detroit, MI
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Curana Health is a provider-led, primary and post acute organization focused on senior living communities and senior living residents. We are committed to redefining and improving how health care is delivered in senior living communities to ensure residents get outstanding care and clinicians are able to practice in a highly fulfilling and rewarding environment.
What we can offer you:
We are passionate about using data and quality metrics to provide high quality care that prioritizes and preserves autonomy for the patients we serve. We are a value-driven organization that offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, flexible scheduling, and so much more.
Be a part of something bigger
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for seniors? Join us and become part of a team of people whose mission is to improve the health, happiness and dignity of senior living residents! We are a compassionate primary and post-acute care organization serving seniors in assisted living, life plan communities, independent living, skilled nursing, and long-term care facilities across the United states.
The APP, in collaboration and consultation with physicians, the Lead Nurse Practitioner, Care Coordinators, staff RNs and other health care professionals, provides holistic, compassionate care to Medicare Advantage plan members and families. The APP practices within the context of collaborative management with a physician(s) in diagnosing, managing, and preventing acute and chronic illness and disease, and promoting wellness. APPs have an advanced nursing practice that includes independent nursing functions based on the applicable Scope of Practice, nursing standards of care, and a role in medical management within a collaborative agreement with a physician(s).
- Performs in-depth health risk assessments on all assigned plan members
- Works collaboratively with physicians, Care Coordinators, facility staff, family members, key care givers and any appropriate ancillary medical personnel as appropriate
- Responsible for identifying overall quality improvement activities through assessing and planning health care which is individualized to the member and consistent with policies and protocols
- Reviews and interprets the medical, surgical and social history of members
- Performs appropriate screening procedures for members
- Interprets laboratory and other diagnostic data and recommends appropriate treatments or actions for follow-up, reconciles medications
- Responsible for prescribing or performing various treatment modalities – including, but not limited to: medications, injections, wellness counseling, suturing and ancillary testing
- Is compliant with OSHA, State Board of Nursing
- Participates in all mandatory compliance and other training programs, seeks guidance for compliance-related concerns and adheres to all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Refers members to PCP, Care Management and Disease Management programs as necessary
- Practices in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws which govern confidentiality and medical information privacy regulations (HIPAA)
- Maintains control of all PHI information
- Provides constructive and timely feedback about recommendations to improve and/or streamline operations.
- Maintain a focus on timely customer service.
- Perform direct Care Management Support as needed.
- Synthesizes information and easily diagnoses and participates in the development of the Plan of Care.
- Creates positive rapport and engagement with plan members
- Assists on special project as assigned
- Participates in client meetings as requested
- Communicates and collaborates with Facility leadership to achieve Member care needs and goals
- Valid nurse practitioner or physician assistant license in state of operations & current board certification in your field
- Masters Degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess traits of punctuality, organizational skills, and ability to function within a team.
Curana Health is dedicated to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We affirm, in policy and practice, our commitment to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable or state law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
The EEO policy applies to all personnel matters as outlined in our company policy including recruitment, hiring, transfers, and general treatment during employment.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, patients and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance with applicable law.
- The company is unable to provide sponsorship for a visa at this time (H1B or otherwise).