Full Job Description
- Assesses clinical, emotional, and educational health needs of patients prior to surgery and ensures patients health is appropriately managed prior to surgery.
- Performs specialized pre-operative assessments including but not limited to EKG interpretation, laboratory evaluations and radiological assessments.
- Educates and instructs the surgical patient, through phone and/or personal interview, utilizing knowledge of surgical procedures and effects of anesthetic agents and completes appropriate forms for charts.
- In collaboration with physician, plans care and assures appropriate follow-up of issues identified in the pre-operative evaluation.
- Acts as liaison between Anesthesiologist, Primary Care Physician and Surgeon to coordinate care and provide continuity.
- Facilitates referrals to appropriate providers both internally and externally.
- Acts as liaison with external hospitals to provide and request information as needed.
- Order medication as appropriate.
- Participates in patient education activities.
- Participates in orientation, education, and evaluation of nursing and support staff.
- Collaborates with physicians in developing and periodically reviewing protocols relevant to department functioning.
- Participates in planning for team functioning in delivering the total range of health services.
- Participates in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established criteria.
- Maintains accurate records of care and assures confidentiality.
- Maintains clinical competence via education.
- Carries out clinical and administrative procedures that may be promulgated by the Health Plan.
- Travels to other Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Physician Assistant for PA applicants.
- Minimum one (1) year of Ambulatory clinical experience mandatory required for NP applicants.
- Masters of Science with graduate level education as NP for NP applicants.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant training program for PA applicants.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner Certificate (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire AND Drug Enforcement Administration Registration required at hire AND Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND Nurse Practitoner Certificate (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND Nurse Practitioner License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Physician Assistant License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND Physician Assistant National Certificate AND Physician Assistant Certificate (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND Physician Assistant License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Written Attestation of practice with a supervising physician on file with MBON for NP applicants.
- Written practice agreement with a supervising physician the appropriate State BOM for PA applicants.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required.
- Specialty certification or clinical experience in specialty area if appropriate for NP applicants.
- Two (2) years of experience as a NP preferred for NP applicants.
- BS degree preferred for PA applicants.
PrimaryLocation : Maryland,Largo,Largo Medical Center
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : M38|UFCW|Local 400
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Clinical Support
Department : Largo Medical Center – Day Surgery-Eval/Educ Ctr – 1808
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Baltimore, MD
- $1,200 a day