Full Job Description
Under the general supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant is responsible for providing varied medical services, including: obtaining complete medical history and performing a physical examination; ordering and interpreting laboratory tests and imaging studies; formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan; prescribing and/or dispensing medication; assisting in surgery or other invasive procedures; counseling patients and families.
- Performs and documents a complete history and physical examination, including review of the available medical record, to formulate diagnoses and treatment plan.
- Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and imaging studies.
- Participates in daily inpatient rounds, interviews and examines patients, reviews laboratory data and other clinical studies, and records daily progress notes.
- Requests consultations and communicates with consultants.
- Performs routine bedside or clinical procedures, as described in the Delineation of Privileges.
- A Bachelor’s degree and Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current Massachusetts license, issued by the Physician Assistant Board, and current NCCPA certification.
- If prescribing medications is included in clinical duties and privileges, Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration and federal DEA Controlled Substance Registration are required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Worcester, MA
- $1,200 a day