Full Job Description
At UMass Memorial Health, everyone is a caregiver ‐ regardless of their title or responsibilities. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health system of Central Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 16,000 employees, working together as one health system in a relentless pursuit of healing for our patients, community and each other. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, every day. HAHNEMANN FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
Established in 1975, Hahnemann Family Health Center grew from a small, private practice to a large, integrated primary care practice and residency training site serving the Worcester community. Hahnemann Family Health Center is a residency training site for family medicine for the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School. Our location is also recognized as a level 3 (highest possible) Patient-centered Medical Home by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Our primary care practice serves as the medical home for a diverse patient population and a clinical home for a variety of learners. We are a truly integrated primary care practice with behavioral health faculty and fellows on our patient care team. Our faculty is deeply committed to academic medicine and has diverse interests, backgrounds and leadership roles within medical education and beyond.
In addition to comprehensive primary care for adults and children, the providers and staff of Hahnemann Family Health Center provide:
- Procedure clinics
- Integrated behavioral health with psychologists and LICSW
- Comprehensive care clinic (Integrated appointments with social workers, pharmacist, and physician/residents)
- In-house psychiatry consults
- Comprehensive women’s health
- Maternal and child health
- College health serving Holy Cross, WPI and Clark University
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing varied medical services, including: obtaining complete medical history and performing a physical examination; ordering and interpreting laboratory tests and imaging studies; formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan; prescribing and/or dispensing medication; counseling patients and families. Major Responsibilities:
- Performs and documents a complete history and physical examination, including review of the available medical record, to formulate diagnoses and treatment plan.
- Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and imaging studies.
- Participates in daily patient huddles, interviews and examines patients, reviews laboratory data and other clinical studies, and records daily progress notes.
- Requests consultations and communicates with consultants.
- Performs routine clinical procedures, as described in the Delineation of Privileges
- Prescribes and/or administers oral or parenteral medication to outpatients in accordance with state law, UMMHC policy, and as provided in the Delineation of Privileges and Guidelines for Prescribing, which are in place for each individual Physician Assistant and Supervising Physician.
- Works as part of a Care Team with Faculty and Residents for Population Health & Co-management of Patient Panel Care.
Position Qualifications: License/Certification/Education: Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program or Nurse Practitioner program
- Current Massachusetts license
- Current certification
- Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration and federal DEA Controlled Substance Registration.
- Robust benefits package
- Matching 401k and Pension Plan
- Flexible scheduling with paid time off
- Generous CME Time and Practice Allowance