Full Job Description
Everyone Is a Caregiver
At UMass Memorial Health, everyone is a caregiver – regardless of their title or responsibilities. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health system of Central Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 16,000 employees, working together as one health system in a relentless pursuit of healing for our patients, community and each other. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, every day.
Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant Job Description
Conducts comprehensive health assessments, demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill in the diagnosis and treatment of complex responses of individual, families, and communities to actual or potential health problems. Formulates clinical decisions to manage acute and chronic illnesses and promote wellness. Integrates education, research and management, leadership and consultation into clinical role and functions in collegial relationships with nursing peers, physicians, professionals and others who influence the health care environment. Provides health care in accordance with standards of practice as delineated by state practice guidelines and national board certification organizations.
- Provides diagnostic and assessment services. Secures a health history from patient and/or family, records findings, and evaluates them. Performs a complete in–depth physical examination. Orders/performs pertinent diagnostic tests based on age and history.
- Analyzes data collected to determine health status and identify differential diagnoses based on history, physical exam, and clinical findings.
- Partners with physicians regarding proposed plan of care. Formulates this plan of care with the patient.
- Manages therapeutic regime as outlined by established protocols for patients with acute illnesses. (Protocols are guidelines concerning patient care that are established between the physician and nurse practitioner. The guidelines outline subjective and objective findings, treatment plan and follow–up). Reassesses and modifies plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals. Confers with physician for clinical direction as outlined by protocols.
- Documents patient care outcomes to determine effectiveness of plan of care. Communicates outcomes with physician.
- A Bachelor’s degree and Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current Massachusetts license, issued by the Physician Assistant Board, and current NCCPA certification.
- A Master’s degree and graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Preferably ACNP/AGACNP
- Acute Care/Critical Care clinical experience required
- Board Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration and federal DEA Controlled Substance Registration are required.
Our Benefit Highlights:
- Relocation Bonus of up to $5,000
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan Forgiveness
- Matching 401k and Pension Plan
- Generous paid time off
- CME Time and Practice Allowance
- Top Tier Medical Insurance (Health/Dental/Vision)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial Health – for our patients, our community and each other. Our six Standards of Respect are: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player and Be Kind. If you share these Standards of Respect, we hope you will join our team and help us make respect our standard for everyone, every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMass Memorial Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.