Full Job Description
Holyoke Medical Center is an independent community hospital that has served the healthcare needs of the Pioneer Valley for over 125 years. We continue to grow and address the needs of our community through quality and patient centered care.
Our Weight Management Physician Practice is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to join our team. Duties include but are not limited to:
- To assist attending surgeons as first assistant in bariatric surgical cases and to provide appropriate patient care under the direction of the medical, surgical attending, medical attending, anesthesia attending and/or radiology attending.
- To provide inpatient care to patients of the Weight Management Program by conducting and properly documenting history and physicals, consults and daily progress notes consistent with the Medical Center’s policies; communicate any new or worsening findings to attending physician involved in the surgical case in a timely manner.
- To participate in department staff meetings, programs and committees as directed by the Clinical Lead and Medical Director.
- To provide outpatient care to patients in the Weight Management Program.
- To prescribe medications and appropriate therapies with consent of attending physicians and in adherence to applicable Federal and State Requirements, and in accordance to PA Guidelines.
- To provide accurate and complete information regarding patient care for billing and compliance purposes.
- To provide reasonable call coverage that includes availability on night, weekend and holiday
REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program; current Physician Assistant Licensure in Massachusetts; current NCCPA certification; two years as a Surgical Physician Assistant, experience in Bariatric Surgery preferred
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, including:
- low cost health insurance with no deductibles when using HMC services
- dental and vision insurance
- free disability and life insurance
- 403(b) plan
- Up to $8000 in degree/tuition reimbursement
- In-House Pharmacy
- Relaxation Room and Fitness Center
- Other voluntary benefits, such as LegalShield, Pet Insurance
- free onsite parking
Location: Valley Health Systems · Bariatric Surgery
Schedule: Full Time, day shift
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Springfield, MA
- $1,200 a day
- Worcester, MA
- $1,200 a day