This job posting is expired. You can find similar job postings below.
Full Job Description
About the Opportunity
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (PA or NP), under the supervision of a physician, serves as a primary medical care provider to Northeastern University students. The PA or NP diagnoses and treats acute and chronic disease and provides preventive care and health education as well as performs health screenings. The PA or NP participates in quality assessment of the work of the health center, collaborates with the health care team and serves as a resource to the nurses and medical assistants.
This is a temporary and part-time role. This role is needed to cover the following shifts:
- Saturdays 12pm-4pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 4pm-8pm and/or Mondays 8 am to 5 pm or Tuesdays 12 pm to 8 pm
- Preference for candidates with availability to work holidays
- Other shifts may also available
- Certificate of Registration as Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (For Physician Assistant – Bachelor’s degree and graduation from Physician Asst. training program certified by the Board of Registration of Physician Assistants and passing of the certifying examination of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants).
- Massachusetts and Federal DEA certificates required.
- Prior experience in primary care, particularly in student health is highly desirable.
- Previous triage experience for acute medical issues is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include effective interviewing and counseling skills.
- Must be able to use tact, discretion, and sensitivity in patient interactions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all University Health and Counseling Center staff and community-based hospitals and health care providers.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see