Full Job Description
Carney Hospital in Dorchester, MA is seeking a Per diem Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join their emergency team. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a stable collegial staff of Emergency Medicine Physicians and Advanced Practitioners who provide care to approximately 40,000 patients annually.
We have full time and per diem opportunities available for qualified candidates. Experience preferred but not required.
Highlights of Joining the Steward Medical Group
- Be part of a larger system where over 70 Advanced Practitioners are employed in Emergency Medicine.
- Provide care to a diverse patient population, ranging in all levels of acuity.
- Obtain patient histories
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations to evaluate patients for admission
- Perform bedside diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Coordinate tests and consultations
- Implement treatment plans which includes communicating with referring and consulting physicians
- Provide consultation, teaching, and coordination with patients and their family members of treatment and medical care
- Prepare patients for discharge
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care is required.
- A Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants is required or Master’s Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner’s Program.
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively alongside our emergency physicians and Emergency Medicine residents
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send resume to:
Catrina Morgan, Senior Physician Recruiter Steward Health Care Email: [email protected]