Full Job Description
Under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician, provides patient care for Psychiatric FPI practices. Performs professional duties and technical procedures of the particular area of specialty to provide health care services, such as, diagnostic evaluations, pre and post assessments, delivery of TMS, managing medication refills, crisis calls and medication administration when needed. Makes initial diagnosis and order appropriate tests and treatment and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a Physician Assistant Training Program approved by the Board of Physician Quality Assurance is required
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required
- Licensure by Maryland State Board of Physicians as a Physician’s Assistant is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification is required
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit
- Minimum of Psychiatric Clerkship in ambulatory, emergency room or inpatient psychiatry. Preferred but not mandatory 1 year of mental health experience post training.