Full Job Description
Working in a multi-specialty, group practice performs a variety of duties such as history and physicals as well as providing follow up care to assigned patients. Assesses diagnoses, documents findings, and writes medical orders and or prescriptions. Makes clinical decisions relative to patient management through collaboration with physicians.
Engage in a Triple Aim team effort to improve:
- our patients’ experience of care;
- the quality and safety of the care we provide; and
- the cost of care for our patients
- Obtains a detailed and accurate medical history
- Identifies and manages chronic medical conditions
- Prescribes medications, as necessary.
- Writes orders in accordance with current practice guidelines.
- Writes complete and comprehensive notes on all patients using appropriate electronic systems consistent with SSHS policy.
- Facilitates timely care, as necessary.
- Possess the maturity, self-confidence, and ability to follow complex patient management plans
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize time and priorities effectively. Flexibility to handle multiple tasks
- Quality Improvement: Skills to work efficiently and effectively and strive to do so in all aspects of position
Minimum Education –
- Completion of Advanced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner training program from an accredited institution.
- All licensure re-certifications, as required.
Required additional Knowledge, and Abilities Demonstrated successful completion of the SSH Credentialing process.
Minimum Work Experience
- Two years of clinical practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant preferred.