Full Job Description
Athletico’s Greater Purpose is to empower people, inspire hope and transform lives. We accomplish this by providing exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our Core Values of one team, understanding our business, recognition, people-focused, accountability, continuous innovation and trust and integrity, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Medical Director and Overseeing Physician, the Physician Assistant manages the day-to-day operations of on-site health care clinic. In addition, the Physician Assistant provides patient care that includes but not limited to case management, physicals and clearance exams, injury assessment and minor procedures.
- Perform post-offer physicals, non-work-related return to work medical clearance examinations
- Provide urgent and episodic care to employees
- Respond to in plant medical emergencies and evaluate employees with acute episodic illness and refer when appropriate.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and provide ongoing medical management of workplace injuries and non-occupational conditions (episodic and urgent), including writing prescriptions and facilitating referrals in collaboration with the physician
- Drive chronic disease management process, including education and wellness physicals.
- Maintenance of charts and employee incident records
- Perform minor procedures including but not limited to suturing, splinting, joint injection, trigger finger injection, arthrocentesis, x-ray interpretation
- Case management of workman’s compensation claims in conjunction with the employer representative and insurance carrier
- Facilitate return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan for weekly case review
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up programs
- Maintain health care unit inventory of medications and supplies
- On call as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience as an Advanced Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Experience in an occupational health setting, required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Current valid state licensure required
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of OSHA Record ability and worker’s compensation principles a plus
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization effectively
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
- Familiarity with manufacturing and production facility practices
- Position may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Athletico provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.