Full Job Description
Full-time, 36 hours/week, with full benefits!
Elder Care Physician Assistant
If you are a compassionate professional who provides exceptional quality care, Jordan Valley is for you! We are Missouri’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center, founded in 2003, and we serve 75,000 patients each year. The mission of Jordan Valley is to improve the health of our community by providing high-quality and accessible medical, dental, and behavioral health services to Southwest MO. We’re collaborative and believe in always going above and beyond as part of our commitment to deliver excellent care to our community!
Our ideal Physician Assistant candidate will work independently and must be responsible, self-confident, and have excellent judgment and decision-making skills focusing on elderly patients and programs. Physician Assistant must demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Take medical histories and perform patient examinations.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and x-rays.
- Make diagnoses.
- Provide treatment.
- Manage chronic health conditions such as diabetes.
- Perform preventive procedures such as immunizations.
- Prescribe medications and other therapies.
- Monitor and record patient progress.
- Educate patients about their health and instruct them in self-care techniques.
- Promote wellness practices.
- Respond to medical emergencies.
- Performs work of equal skill and responsibility as directed. May also perform work of a higher level in preparation for increased responsibility and may be requested to perform work of lesser responsibility when workload of the department so requires.
- Refer patients to other physicians and other health care providers as needed.
Our benefits are designed to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Guaranteed Base Salary plus productivity incentives
- Health (Both HSA and FSA options and access to our Telemedicine program)
- Free dental, life insurance, and long-term disability. Affordable rates for family dental, medical, and life insurance.
- 403b retirement match on the 1st of the month after 30 days.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Day One PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
A graduate of an AMA-recognized physician assistant training program that is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission or Education for Physician Assistant.
- State Physician Assistant License
- Current BLS Certification required.
- Experience in Elder Care preferred
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Springfield, MO