This job posting is expired. You can find similar job postings below.
Full Job Description
The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Albuquerque, New Mexico and Joliet, Illinois, invites applications for a full-time faculty member in the Physician Assistant Studies Program in Albuquerque with a beginning date of July 2023. This position reports to the PA Studies Program Director and works with talented colleagues in the Program and College of Business and Health Administration.
The faculty member in the Physician Assistant Studies Program serves as a core faculty member. Potential teaching assignments include courses in basic medical sciences (Gross Anatomy, Medical Physiology, Medical Genetics), diagnostic skills courses (Radiology, Clinical Laboratory Medicine, clinical medicine courses (Diseases of Organ Systems, Pharmacotherapeutics). and summative review courses (Didactic Summative Review, Clinical Summative Review). The PA Studies Program is a 27-month program with cohorts starting in January. In addition to teaching, core faculty assist with quality enhancement, advising, admissions, assessment, departmental meetings, and accreditation.
The University of St. Francis is a welcoming community of learners that strives for academic and inclusive excellence. We will begin reviewing applications May 30, 2023, but the position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and instruct in all courses as assigned as a full time faculty member;
- Assist with ongoing development and improvement of the program curriculum;
- Advise assigned students;
- Assist adjunct faculty as needed with classroom needs;
- Participate in all College of Business and Health Administration and PA Program meetings;
- Participate in activities characteristic of University faculty members, including teaching, research, faculty development, University and community service and scholarly activities;
- Assist in maintaining current ARC-PA certification; and
- Such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Dean or Chair.
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university:
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an ARC-PA accredited program
- Master’s degree, PhD, PharmD, MD, DO, or other doctoral degree relating to medicine and healthcare education
- Current certification in related discipline, if applicable (NCCPA, ABFM, ABIM, ABP, etc.)
- Eligible for medical license in New Mexico (clinical disciplines)
- At least 2 years of full-time clinical experience as a healthcare provider (clinical disciplines)
- Excellent communication skills and eager to work with a dynamic and committed team
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Willingness to represent the University to off-campus constituencies, including corporate partners, alumni, prospective students and donors
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Documented history of success in teaching
- Experience working in a medical academic institution
- At least 5 years clinical experience as a healthcare professional
This is a full-time appointment beginning July 2023 or as soon thereafter as possible.
Teaching face-to-face and online courses is expected along with a regular schedule of available advising hours and attendance at on-campus meetings several times per semester.
Physical Requirements of Position
Work is performed in a classroom and office settings with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent in classrooms and the office, including using a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled