Full Job Description
It’s the people that make the difference. Are you ready to make your impact? Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush is nationally recognized as a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services. The Orthopedic Program at Rush University Medical Center is ranked Top 10 in Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.Founded in 2003, MOR is comprised of internationally-renowned Orthopedic and Spine surgeons who pioneer the latest advances in technology and surgical techniques to improve the lives and activity levels of patients around the world. MOR doctors are the official team physicians for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Fire Soccer Club and DePaul University Athletics.
Ready to join in? We are looking for a full-time Physician Assistant to support a busy sports medicine and shoulder practice. We are searching for a person that is excited to provide unparalleled customer service in the clinic, assistance in the OR, and that is eager to work with a team of people dedicated to the care of patients. This position will be based at the Orthopedic Building in Chicago IL. Potential candidate must be flexible to travel to Oak Brook, IL and Munster, IN. New grads or experience PAs are welcome to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Close collaboration with existing team (Physician, PA, and Administrative Assistants.)
- Assist the physician in clinic and operating room settings.
- Assess patient health status including state of wellness and compliance with care plan, and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Utilize practice technology including, but not limited to, electronic health record, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by physician.
- Educate patients and families as appropriate and provides continuity of care.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Travel with Physician as required.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited PA program.
- Current Illinois and Indiana state PA license or willing to apply.
- Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current CPR Certification
Our employees make the difference in our patients’ lives, and we value their contributions. Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to grow and develop your career with an industry leader. Come see what we’re all about. Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Chicago, IL
- Chicago, IL