Full Job Description
North Idaho Dermatology is growing and we are looking for a licensed Physician Assistant to join our team in Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls!
We are actively recruiting to add a provider in our Coeur d’Alene and Post Falls clinics due to high patient demand. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching contributions up to 4%. Not only that, but providers also receive generous discounts on medical-grade spa products and cosmetic services, such as Botox, CoolSculpting, and much more! If this interests you, apply today! See below for details related to the position requirements.
Responsible for delivering outstanding holistic dermatological care by providing a dedicated and compassionate patient experience for every person in the inland Northwest. Exceeding our patients’ expectations by being the TOP Provider of Choice through a memorable and personalized experience.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT REQUIRED RESPONSIBILTIES in field of DERMATOLOGY:
- Treating various skin diseases, rashes and abnormalities, Skin Cancer, and abnormal mole screenings, performing physical examination on patients’ medical histories, performing physical exams, ordering, and interpreting lab tests, reviewing pathology reports, diagnosing, and treating illnesses, surgical dermatology, prescribing and dispensing medication, and counseling patients.
- Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
About the role:
The PA-C has an intimate understanding of service lines for both Dermatologic and Plastic/Cosmetic procedures. Works closely with all Providers to facilitate the patient decision making process, assist with surgical and dermatologic cases.
The PA-C will collaborate with the provider team to provide patient coverage for North Idaho Dermatology.
Responsibilities with Plastic Surgeon:
- Work with Plastic Surgeon 2-3 days per month
- Assists in surgical procedures
- Works diligently to increase the scope of surgical skills and improve technical skills as the primary assistant to the surgeon
- Assists in the follow-up of surgical patients including examination and timely communication with the physician
- Order labs and other diagnostic testing as necessary
- Writes orders for surgical patients
- Schedule follow-up appointments and consultations with patients, writes notes and appropriate orders
- Performs minor procedures as appropriate, including suturing of lacerations, lesion excision, cosmetic facial injections-if needed or required, and similar
- Performs other tasks as assigned
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Idaho State Licensed
- Minimum of 1 year dermatology and Plastic or General Surgery clinical experience preferred
- General Dermatology (Extensive knowledge in dermatological disorders, skin cancer / full body checks, abnormal mole, rashes, shave biopsies, excisional/surgical procedures)
- Skilled at multi-tasking with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Takes initiative and follows through to produce results
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with integrity and discretion
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations
- Idaho license required upon start date
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications required
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA) Required
No direct reports
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; eye-hand coordinator; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General office setting. Constant contact with individuals from any backgrounds; minimum exposure to communicable diseases. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.