Full Job Description
**Must be COVID19 fully vaccinated**
Recognizes role and operates within an integrated plan of care/service
Standard II – Regular Job Functions
1. Patient evaluation by performing appropriate history and physical exams;
2. Ordering laboratory, radiological and special studies;
3. Performing diagnostic procedures such as, but not limited to, physical examination, joint injections and aspirations and administering of vaccines;
4. Performing therapeutic procedures such as, but not limited to, suturing of wounds, foreign body removal, I&D of abscesses, reduction of fractures and dislocations, splinting, casting, and injections;
5. Assisting the surgeon in the OR as designated;
6. Reading and interpreting imaging studies and laboratory reports;
7. Initiation of life-saving measures as needed;
8. Discharge Summaries
9. Taking Call as directed by Pinnacle to include but not limited to weekends and night call
10. Telephone contact with patients as appropriate;
11. Covering Athletic Venues as requested such as (Sporting Events,Physicals,etc)
12. Involvement in QI and research programs;
13. EMR – Review and Lock all Notes within Seven Days of date of service and,
14. Attendance at educational and department meetings.
Standard III Supervising Physician and PA Relationship
The PA works under the supervision of an attending physician who has registered with the Georgia Board of Medical Examiners as one of the PA’s supervising physicians. Routine consultation with the supervisory or alternate physician regarding patient-care issues is available in the clinic or by phone contact at all times. The degree of physician supervision of patient care is variable depending on the patient’s problem and condition, as well as the relationship that has developed between the supervising physician and the PA.
All patients seen by the PA will have full written documentation of the visit in the form of a medical record. This will include noting any prescriptions written or procedures performed. After the first six months, at the supervisor’s discretion, charts will be reviewed on a random basis, or as the clinical situation necessitates.
Review of drugs prescribed will be accomplished at the time of the chart review and signing to assure continued compliance with the existing written instructions.
Standard IV Place of Service
The PA will see patients in all of the offices operated by Pinnacle Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, LLC. The PA will also see patients in Well star Kennestone Hospital, Marietta Surgery Center, Northside Cherokee Hospital, Advance Surgery Center, Piedmont Mountainside Hospital, and any other sites that Pinnacle designates. Medical coverage includes care at local athletic events, amateur or professional, as assigned or approved by Pinnacle Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, LLC.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,241.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- EMR systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- Physician Assistant License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person