Full Job Description
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner – IHM -PRN – Shift differential available for evening, night, and weekend shifts
Based in the Internal and Hospital Medicine Department (IHM), this PRN inpatient-based Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient-focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum; master’s degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; directly related experience preferred, hospital or ER setting preferred.
Location: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute · IHM
Schedule: PRN (As Needed), Day Shift, Variable