Full Job Description
This position is located at our Memorial Hospital location in Jacksonville, FL.
To extend and enhance the clinical productivity of the surgeons and drive efficiency of care delivery to injured patients.
General Hospital Duties:
- Represent the Hughston Clinic and must maintain the highest level of professionalism during all interactions with patients, hospital staff, family and support members as well as other care providers.
- Assist with calls
- Performs comprehensive hospital based examinations and documents in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and treats orthopaedic conditions and relevant medical comorbidities within his/her scope including routine, urgent and emergency conditions within the hospital and emergency department.
- Specifically wound assessment and local care fracture reduction/temporary immobilization, application of splints and dressings, interpretation of imaging, vital signs and lab studies, and evolving/changing clinical conditions.
- Effectively communicates history and findings with responsible Hughston Orthopaedic Trauma Physicians on a daily basis.
- Communicates effectively with their APP colleagues to keep up to date on the status of the patient census. This includes changes in status, laboratory or diagnostic results, or new communications with other services.
- Provides robust, on-going, professional communication of the orthopaedic care plan with additional providers on the patients care team.
- Facilitates patient’s discharge planning including referrals to appropriate agencies and/or post acute facilities.
- Assists within his/her scope of practice within the OR including first assist duties and closing operative wounds.
- Conducts daily hospital rounds and regularly updates patient family members on status.
- Writes orders and progress notes.
- Enrolls new patients into PMD/charge capture software with necessary demographic data and ICD-10 diagnosis codes in a timely manner.
- Enters charges within PMD/charge capture software.
- Assists in surgery.
- Other duties as assigned.
APP facilitates clinic throughput working synergistically with Hughston Orthopaedic Trauma surgeon by the following:
Evaluates patient concerns
Assesses/interprets imaging studies.
Implements and communicates care plans
Documents visits as required.
Assists with patient requested document completion as able, within APP scope and capacity
Other duties may be assigned by Physician
Position Responsibilities Experience:
One year of experience in orthopaedics preferred. First assistant experience required.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited PA program required.
Special Qualifications Required:
- NCCPA Board certification
- Must maintain BLS certification.
- Current State license required.
- Physician requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Requires irregular work hours depending on the needs of the organization.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record. (MVR)
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, Hughston Orthopaedic Trauma, Hughston Orthopaedics Southeast and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participates in E-verify. This Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.Apply on Indeed
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Jacksonville, FL