Full Job Description
Be part of Florida Physician Specialists’ tradition of first class care!
Mciver Clinic, a division of Florida Physician Specialists, LLC has been an innovator in Urologic care since 1921. Our mission is to provide current and innovative urologic techniques in a sensitive and compassionate environment.
We are seeking 2 experienced Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners to join the Physician Extender team at McIver Clinic. This is a full time position with occasional call coverage bonus opportunities.
The Physician Assistant provides medical treatment under the supervision of the physicians for The McIver Clinic, a division of Florida Physician Specialists, LLC. This position will conduct patient examinations and follow-ups, provide treatment plans, counsel patients and prescribe medication. This medical care will be provided within the framework of the company, division and department policies and procedures. Will work with complex surgical patients both pre and post-operatively.
- Acts as primary physician extender.
- Provides patient care and dictates patient care rendered per expectations of McIver Clinic.
- Obtains and dictates history and physical, progress notes, and discharge summaries to document care given to patient.
- Ensures all pertinent data in patient charts are counter-signed by the supervising physician.
- Coordinates advanced diagnostic and therapeutic patient care procedures by assisting with the technical and medical aspects of simulation and treatment planning.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Graduate from a Physician Assistant program approved by the council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and maintain certification by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants, or a graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Must hold active PA or NP License by State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
- 1-2 years previous experience in urology preferred
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Jacksonville, FL