Full Job Description
Faculty (Rank TBD) – Physician Assistant – Fort Lauderdale – 997140
Job Number: 503927
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Physician Assistant-Admin
Categories: Faculty – Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
2. Select teaching, advising, and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
3. Present ideas clearly.
4. Create a climate that is conductive to learning.
5. Stimulate intellectual curiosity.
6. Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
7. Participate in department and college-wide committees and meetings.
8. Engage in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
9. Maintain a personal professional development plan, which may include scholarship, research, service and/or creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
10. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics.
11. Mentor and/or orient new faculty as assigned.
12. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University policies and applicable laws.
2. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations in the English language.
3. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
4. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
5. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
6. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (Formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
7. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
2. Physician Assistant or related health professional.
2. Current NCCPA certification preferred.
3. Eligible for licensure in the State of Florida, if applicable.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Advertised: Apr 07, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: Apr 07, 2024 Eastern Daylight Time