Full Job Description
- On-Demand Care: Immediate Care for Injuries, Illness, and Wellness
- A Winning Culture: Supportive Teammates, Transparent Leadership, and Non-Bureaucratic Decision Making
- Active Connecticut License
- Board Certified
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certification, preferred
- 5+ years experience required
- Medical record check, back ground check, and criminal history check will be required
- Available to start credentialling asap and open to join as of March 2024.
- Patient age will range from 3 months old and above
Pay and Benefits:
- Paid hourly, with additional compensation for extra hours worked
- Full Time benefits eligible including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Health services provided by AFC West Haven for employees, spouse, and dependents
- 401k at 1 year, with 3% Employer Contribution
- Paid Time Off, Continuing Medical Education (CME), Licensing & Membership Fee benefits are available and based on tenure
- Full Time: Approx. 38-40 hours 7 shifts per 2 weeks
Locations: 354 Saw Mill Rd, West Haven CT 06516
General Position Summary:
We are seeking a Physician Assistant / PA to become a part of our team! You will focus on providing high-quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of seasoned healthcare professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests who are passionate about patient care. We operate primarily on a walk-in basis to provide accessible and affordable care. Prior experience in Urgent or Emergency Care or Family Practice is preferred.
We are looking for providers who are efficient, professional, with positive attitude and who understand the dynamic nature of this ever-changing industry and its challenges. This is a team-orientated staff, that builds and maintains relationships with a reliance on communication, mentorship, and shared goals.
- Examining, diagnosing, and treating patients of all ages and backgrounds courteously and efficiently
- In addition to Urgent Care, our services include Occupational Medicine, Travel Medicine and Immigration Physicals
- Maintain charts accurately and comprehensively
- Creating diagnostic and treatment plans including the prescription of medications, suturing, ordering of labs/ medical imaging, or referring to outside specialists
- Guide the staff with your medical expertise and experience
- Operate as a team alongside providers, medical assistants and practice management staff
Exhibit Company Core Values:
- Commitment – Commitments are clearly made and met
- Health – Healthy living for everyone is promoted through sustainable and responsible behaviors
- Excellence – Excellence in everything we do
- Celebrate – Celebrate wins – both small and large
- Trust – Trust builds teamwork through vulnerability and respect
Safety & Wellbeing:
- Alcohol and Drug-Free Policy: We are an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Offers are contingent on the successful completion of background and drug screenings.
- EEO: AFC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.