Full Job Description
The Surgical APRN or PA is accountable for delivering comprehensive quality patient care, including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions according to standards of practice to pediatric surgical patients. This person will function as a member of an inpatient physician team within an integrated academic model.
- Evaluate and treat pediatric surgical patients in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Treat and evaluate patients with surgical illnesses, promote the health of the child and family.
- Consult for Surgical Service to other areas of CCMC, including inpatient and outpatient settings and the Emergency Department, and Hartford Hospital Trauma Room.
- Work in close collaboration with attending surgeons, resident physicians, and advanced practice provider team to care for inpatients on the Surgery Center.
- Assist in operative procedures under direct supervision of attending surgeon. Perform independent procedures in inpatient and outpatient settings, once demonstrated compliance by supervising physician.
- Care of outpatients in Surgical clinic. This includes post-operative follow ups, wound and burn care, and new consultations.
- Analyze medical histories, diagnostic lab test and x-ray results and perform physical examinations.
- Perform and maintain competence in required procedures.
- Consult with attending physicians to decide patient referrals and monitor outcomes.
- Coordinate patient care with team members, other departments and community agencies and providers as necessary.
- Participate in teaching and learning in an integrated academic model.
- Participate in peer review, development and consultation.
- Participate in special programs and services as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the age-related differences and needs of patients in appropriate, specific populations from neonate through adolescence and applies them to practice. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in all interactions with patients/families.
- Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization.
Two years’ experience in pediatrics preferred. Surgical experience preferred. New grad will be considered on an individual basis.