Full Job Description
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner – General Surgery – Denver, CO
As a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in General Surgery, you will work with 6 General Surgeons, 3 other Advanced Practitioners and an experienced support staff. Here are some highlights you can expect:
- You would practice in a clinic setting on the St. Joseph Hospital campus in Denver, Colorado
- Your schedule would be Monday through Friday ~8am-5pm, no call, no weekends. This is a salaried 1.0 FTE position (40 hours/week)
- Your days would consist of managing new and follow up surgical patients and performing in office procedures
- First assist opportunities also available
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA (preferred PA)
- Current licensure to practice as PA or NP in Colorado or able to obtain
- Current BLS certification, DEA, and full prescriptive authority
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in a surgical setting preferred
- Comfortable with in office procedures such as skin tags, cyst removal and lesions
Additional Links and Information
Downtown Surgery Specialists at Saint Joseph Hospital – The expert team at Downtown Surgery Specialists is committed to providing quality, patient-centered care in a comfortable and compassionate environment. We use the latest technology and innovative techniques to deliver unmatched surgery services to our patients.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of Intermountain Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits. Additionally, we are offering a $5,000 sign on bonus. Relocation bonus available to applicable candidates.
Anticipated job posting close date:
St Joseph Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$43.16 – $79.15
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Denver, CO
- $116,900 - $131,300 a year