Full Job Description
UFCW Local 7 – $56.23 – $61.54
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.”
- DATA COLLECTION
- Obtains a pertinent medical history, performs an appropriate physical examination, and reviews relevant laboratory or radiologic (or other) studies to assess the patients medical, physical, psychological, and relevant socio-economic status.
- Will have full access to patient medical records and other information pertinent to those patients under his/her care.
- Formulates an accurate and appropriate diagnosis based on elicited data and includes differential diagnoses as appropriate.
- TREATMENT PLANNING
- Develops and implements treatment plans that are aligned with the practice preferences of the Supervising Physician(s) including orders for medication and/or other treatment modalities, the need for additional testing, consultation to other providers, and follow-up provisions.
- Provides care with attention to safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Plans are appropriately prioritized and adapted to the patient and circumstance.
- PROCEDURAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Performs procedures within the limits of their expertise and in accordance with the State Regulations and Organizational Policies.
- PATIENT EDUCATION AND COUNSELING
- Educates and counsels patients and their families regarding their treatment plan, including disease prevention and health promotion.
- Promotes the availability of culturally-sensitive health and resource information that is evidence-based, patient centered, and enables informed choice.
- Documents all examination data, diagnostic impressions, appropriate codes, and other patient care activities in the medical record, including the name(s) of any consulted physicians or other providers.
- OTHER TASKS
- Observes the principles and techniques of Universal Precautions.
- Conducts telephonic and virtual encounters as appropriate.
- Manages assigned in-basket tasks.
- Takes necessary and appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Performs other clinical/administrative duties as directed.
- VALUE STATEMENTS
- Makes the patient the primary focus of their actions; develops and sustains productive and compassionate patient relationships.
- Leads the health care team by influence, innovation, and by modeling integrated effective patient care and exemplary service.
- Promotes and maintains a physically safe and confidential environment for care.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team.
- Knows their personal limitations and when to seek advice and/or consultation from other members of the health care team.
- Understands and acknowledges the impact of personal values and cultural differences on the patient-provider relationship.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competence through participation in continuing education and other activities.
- Maintains professional certification and active licensure.
- Participates in quality assurance activities including the Peer Review process.
- Participates in the training and/or mentoring of new employees, colleagues, and students.
- Has the quality of their care evaluated by the Supervising Physician(s) as stipulated by State and/or KFHP/CPMG policies.
- Evaluates personal performance and establishes annual goals aligned with KFHP regional expectations. Maintains a working knowledge of, and complies with relevant (Federal, State, and/or Organizational) laws, rules, and policies; including licensure and certification.
- Educates and promotes the roles of the APN/PA to patients and members of the health care team.
- Must adhere to established policies, procedures, and/or guidelines in place for administering care to designated patient population.
- The union and the company are currently reviewing the responsibilities/qualifications of this position.
Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in an emergency room, urgent care, or acute care environment is required OR a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory clinical care setting in an integrated care system along with the successful completion of the KPCO Urgent Care Residency Program before hire OR are you a KPCO Urgent Care Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner hired before 2/1/2020.
Bachelors Degree required. Graduation from a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or Masters degree of Nursing and graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Advanced Practice Nurse Registration (Colorado) AND Nurse Practitioner National Certificate AND Registered Nurse License (Colorado)
- Physician Assistant License (Colorado) AND Physician Assistant National Certificate
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 3 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 3 months of hire
Basic Life Support within 3 months of hire
- Taxonomy codes required at time of hire.
- Candidates will be required to participate in a clinical/behavioral and panel interview composed of Management, CPMG, and Local 7.
- Must obtain and remain credentialed by the Colorado Permanente Medical Group by start date.
- Ability to successfully complete generic and department -specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team; demonstrated customer service skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
For positions requiring the administration of procedural sedation, ACLS certification and procedural sedation competency required within 90 days of hire.
- Three (3) years of Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner clinical experience within the last four (4) years preferred.
- ACLS, BLS, PALs and the successful completion of an UC APP Assessment required within 90 days of hire.
PrimaryLocation : Colorado,Denver,Regional Office – Colorado
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 12:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : C02|UFCW|Local 7
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Clinical Support
Department : Waterpark III – Resource Management/Float Pool – 1608
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Denver, CO
- $65 - $75 an hour
- Denver, CO
- $120,000 - $135,000 a year