This job posting is expired. You can find similar job postings below.
Full Job Description
Impact Lives, Impact Community
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is passionate about providing exceptional health care to all, especially underserved communities with limited health care options. Founded by a Latina grandmother/community advocate over 50 years ago in Barrio Logan, FHCSD has grown into one of the largest community health systems in the country. With over 62 sites, over 227,000 patients, and over 417,000 visits last year, we provide a wide variety of health care and outreach services to a very diverse patient population. We are proud of our mission, our lasting community impact, and the cultural and individual diversity of our staff.
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for a Diabetes Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team at our Logan Heights Family Health Center. Our flagship location, Logan Heights Family Health Center, offers an extensive array of health care services and houses an in-house pharmacy and vision, dental and walk-in clinics.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Provider will provide caring, affordable, high quality healthcare and supportive services to everyone, with a special commitment to uninsured, low income and medically underserved persons. If you are passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of your community, especially for underserved communities, FHCSD is looking for people like you.
- Completes all required documentation accurately, timely and thoroughly in accordance with department standards and to comply with electronic medical record requirements, including medication reconciliation, finalizing notes, clearing out personal pool, and participating in clinic pool.
- Follows FHCSD policies and procedures, including (but not limited to), cooperating with the timely submission of credentialing and licensing paperwork; maintaining BLS certification; maintaining CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board; attending all mandatory meetings; minimizing incident reports; using resources efficiently and practicing medicine in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain FHCSD behavioral standards, including (but not limited to), effective listening and communication skills and respectful interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Maintains minimum productivity requirements as outlined by the organization
- Maintains satisfactory peer reviews: able to assess medical information including pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, etc., in order to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention.
- Meets clinic site and organization needs in a reliable and flexible manner; prioritizes work and makes an effort to adhere to schedule.
- Participate in Clinical Outcomes Program and work towards meeting organizational targets for all metrics.
- Participates in administrative duties, including lab reports, charts, and medication refills reviewed and managed appropriately.
- Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 years of experience working in an out-patient clinic setting as an Advanced Practice Provider required
- National certification by applicable National certifying bodies
- Experience with underserved, low-income persons, or homeless persons preferred
- Ability to work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR (BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training.
- DEA license
- Master’s degree required
- Must possess current unrestricted license to practice in the State of California along with furnishing permit for FNP candidates
- Board Certified – Advanced Diabetes Management
- Second language fluency in Spanish Preferred
- Job type: Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
FHCSD was founded by community activists working towards a common goal: caring, affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine and providing culturally competent care to the medically underserved.
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base range for this position, exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses.
120,000.00 – 180,000.00
If you are hired at Family Health Centers of San Diego, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, jurisdictional requirements, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to these factors – we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is what we reasonably expect to pay for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package (more information on our benefits offerings is available here:
FHCSD Wellness – Employee Hub (gobenefits.net)