Full Job Description
Provides primary health care and performs selective medical services under the direction of their Supervising Physician and Medical Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
- Administers injections, immunizations and oral medications. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances (EMR submission preferred).
- Sutures wounds, performs wound care, performs biopsies, and other surgical procedures as needed and as directed by the supervising physicians.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Attends required meetings and participate sin committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Has 10% of visit records signed off by the supervising physician.
- Performs related work as required.
- Follows all company safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- All other duties as directed by management.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $125,000 – $130,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, licensure, skills, and experience.
The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As one of the fastest growing Independent Physician Associations in Southern California, Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Community Healthcare & Affiliated Doctors of Orange County, offers a fast-paced, exciting, welcoming and supportive work environment. Opportunities abound, and enterprising, capable, focused people prosper with us. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you excel, because we believe that your success is our success.
Full Time Position Benefits:
The success of any company depends on its employees. For us, employee satisfaction is crucial not only to the well-being of our organization, but also to the health and wellness of our members. As such, we are firmly dedicated to providing our employees the options and resources necessary for building security and maintaining a healthy balance between work and life.
Our dedication to our staff is evident in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a very generous mixture of benefits, including many employer-paid options.
Health and Wellness:
- Employer-paid comprehensive medical, pharmacy, and dental for employees
- Vision insurance
- Zero co-payments for employed physician office visits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Behavioral Health Services
Savings and Retirement:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Income Protection Insurance
- Vacation Time
- Company celebrations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- License Renewal CEU Cost Reimbursement Program
- Business-casual working environment
- Sick days
- Paid holidays
Education and / or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited Physician’s Assistant Program.
- Valid, unrestricted Registered Nurse Practitioner License in the State of CA.
- State Nurse Practitioner Certification in appropriate specialty
- Current BLS certification.
- 1-3 yrs NP experience with confidence to practice independently
- Urgent Care experience helpful
- Managed Care experience a plus.
- Maintain collaboration agreement with contracted supervising physician.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- San Bernardino, CA
- $127,000 - $165,000 a year