Full Job Description
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
New Genesis Medical Associates, Inc (NGMA) by Prospect is a home-based primary care program that provides health care services in the comfort and convenience of the patient’s home. It is like an old-fashioned house-call for patients who are eligible to join. The program provides primary medical care, social support, and help with nutrition and medications.
The Physician Assistant will provide high quality, evidenced based in-home patient care to complex and high-risk patients with the primary goal and objective of providing best-in-class patient care, reducing avoidable hospitalizations, and decreasing unnecessary emergency department utilization. As a member of the program care team, the Physician Assistant (PA-C), in collaboration with a supervising physician, will be responsible for delivering effective clinical services in the home and/or skilled nursing facility or long-term care facility depending on where the patient is in the continuum of care. The NP will address all aspects of care, both chronic and acute primary care complaints, and be able to determine medical urgency and triage as appropriate. Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI) is required.
- Conducts face-to-face and telephonic medical visits to patients for routine visits, acute illness, and post-acute discharge for patients with complex medical conditions. Completes a comprehensive health assessment to identify all active and chronic conditions, as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit. Orders appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interpret results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses. Performs medication review, prescribes medication or other forms of treatment per member’s needs and plan of care. Facilitate goals of care discussions with patients and facilitates the completion of advance directives documentation. Provides education on health conditions, medications, illness trajectory, and treatment options to patients, families, caregivers, and providers. Determines effectiveness of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan of care as necessary to achieve medical and health goals. Must be comfortable performing in-home procedures, such as, but not limited to: wound care, IV medication, catheter insertion and removal.
- Perform timely and accurate documentation of patients’ medical information and all activity related to patient care in electronic medical record system. Appropriately assign the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions. Complete full and appropriate documentation to reflect the services provided in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicates, by phone, in person, in writing, or electronically, with PCPs and Specialists in order to provide comprehensive care or to make referrals, as necessary. Consults with supervising physician as appropriate.
- Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Provides feedback for program development. Participates in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of service delivery as required.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant (PA) program required.
Minimum Experience: One plus (1+) years of post-graduate experience working as a Physician Assistant in an Adult, Family, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Palliative or Hospice setting preferred. Advanced knowledge of and experience with symptom management preferred. RN experience in Adult, Geriatric and or Palliative preferred
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current, unrestricted PA-C state license and current state driver’s license required. DEA License and furnishing privileges with the state board required. Board Certified through the NCCPA-administered Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE)(PA-C) required. Current BLS certification required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit https://eipp.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com:443/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/PMHCareers and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/