Full Job Description
Pain Management Practice is looking for an experienced FNP or PA. The Mid Level will be responsible for seeing patients in an outpatient environment. Ready to join an exciting team of health care professionals where TEAMWORK and SERVICE EXCELLENCE are worked into the everyday life of team and patient care? Then Pain Relief Solutions is the place for you! Highly competitive pay and benefits are a huge part of us as well. Pain Relief Solutions is more than just a tag line. Our goal is to provide comprehensive services including procedures, therapies, and medications in order to provide real life solutions to our patients acute and chronic pain. We value spending time exploring and explaining causes of the pain and personalizing treatment plans that will allow our patients to live more functional and healthy lives. Please apply!
Busy interventional pain practice is looking for an experienced FNP or PA. The position is a full time exempt position. The Mid Level will be responsible for seeing patients in an outpatient environment.
Experience preferred. Musculoskeletal and joint injection experience preferred.
JOB TITLE: Mid-Level Provider
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing pain services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practices. Other medical care as delegated by physician.
- Established Patients
o Sees established patients for follow-up management, including medication review, monitoring and maintenance of pain management including opioid medications if necessary.
o Assesses acute problems such as back or neck pain or joint pain, when the attending physician is not immediately available and follows established protocols or reviews patient status with physician
o Assess and clear patients pre-operatively for surgery as requested by the physician.
- Sees new patients under the direct supervision of the pain physician
- Sees patients who may be scheduled in conjunction with or on behalf of the pain physician
- When in the office, will see 20-25 patients per office session (on average) and shall be provided with the support concomitant with that provided to a physician, including a medical assistant and an LPN or other nurse, either directly assigned or shared with other providers
- When in office, will receive prior information regarding patients who were previously seen in the office, or the hospital, which will be provided and aggregated by medical assistant.
- Assess patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Provides acute and chronic patient care including taking histories, physicals, and monitoring therapies. Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Triage patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Educates patients and families as appropriate. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Documents patient information and care provided in patient record and maintains department statistics. Uses computer to access/ enter needed data.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
1.Employee understands that as a condition to being an employee of Empower LLC , Employee is obligated to participate fully as and when requested by Empower LLC in the meetings and activities of Pain Relief Solutions (PRS) to develop, implement and enforce protocols, practice guidelines, practice standards and other procedures to improve the quality of care, eliminate inappropriate care and develop strategies for management of patient care to assist PRS personnel in clinical decision-making and to optimize utilization of medical services.
- Employee shall participate in and abide by any quality assurance, grievance procedure, peer review, utilization management, confidentiality or credentialing programs and systems established and maintained by Empower,LLC.
.The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
EDUCATION: Graduate of AMA accredited physician assistant program or approved nurse practitioner program.
EXPEREINCE: Preferred two three years professional nurse practitioner experience or two-three years experience as physician assistant. Clinic setting preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: The Services rendered by Employee shall be within the scope of Employee’s licensure, certification, qualifications and expertise and shall be consistent with accepted community standards of practice, Empower LLC policies and procedures and the procedures of each Payor, as ap Employee shall maintain a current license to provide physician assistant services in the State of California and shall be certified by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (“DEA”) to administer and prescribe controlled substances. Employee shall be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or, if not so certified, shall obtain such certification if requested and within the reasonable time period requested by Empower LLC. Employee shall maintain professional competence and skill commensurate with the standards of the community and as required by law, and shall attend and participate in continuing education courses as appropriate to maintain and enhance Employee’s competence and skill. Employee shall comply with all federal, state and municipal statutes and ordinances applicable to the provision of physician assistant services in California, including Business and Professions Code Section 3500 et seq. and Division 13.8 of Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations. Employee shall comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the Physician Assistant Committee of the Medical Board of California and the ethical standards of the American Academy of Physician Assistants. Employee shall provide and access throughout the term of this agreement to information from Employee’s prior medical groups and associates, all hospitals and facilities in which Employee has/had staff privileges, professional societies and organizations, past and present professional liability insurance companies and others who may have information bearing on Employee’s professional competence, character, health status and ethical qualifications.
- Knowledge of acute and chronic care protocols, administration of medications, delivering physical care following treatment plan.
- Knowledge of how to assess patient health.
- Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic and emotional patient data.
- Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention or referral.
- Skill in evaluating and revising care plan based on patient changes.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of a dependent medical practitioner.
- Ability to develop health education programs and materials.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
ENVIRONMENTAL / WORKING CONDITIONS: Medical office and exam room settings. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to clinic. Frequent contact with variety of people.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, twisting. Requires ability to help transfer patient. Occasional stress from dealing with multiple tasks and tense patients. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Fresno, CA
- $130,000 - $165,000 a year