Full Job Description
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).
- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).
- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).
- Develop and implement a management plan.
- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies and resources within the community.
- Order pharmacologic interventions.
- Develop and implement an educational plan.
- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente’s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum one (1) year experience unless specified by department, as an NP or PA.
- Graduate of an accredited RN and NP Program OR graduate of an accredited PA program.
- NP Only: Master’s degree in nursing (effective 1/1/03 for those not previously grandfathered in by CMS).
- Current California Nurse Practitioner Certificate or current California Physician Assistant license.
- NP Only: Current California RN License.
- NP Only: Current California Furnishing Number.
- Maintain current national certification from approved organizations (American Nurses Credentialing Center, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board) or National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants appropriate to education and department (effective 1/1/01 for those not previously grandfathered in by CMS).
- Current BLS card.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Willing to consider Physician Assistant job code 30004.
- If department elects to hire a new grad NP or PA, the California Furnishing Number and if applicable, the DEA Registration Number, must be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.
- The probationary period would also be extended from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
- Current DEA Registration Number
- Teamwork, experience with pediatric patients and adult chronic conditions.
- No ACLS, PALS required.
- Temporary non-benefit position for 5 months.
PrimaryLocation : California,Mission Hills,Mission Hills Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun,
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B13|AFSCME|UNAC
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Physician Assistants,Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Mission Hills MOB – Family Medicine-Regular Clinic – 0806
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Laguna Beach, CA
- $55 - $70 an hour