Full Job Description
Excellent, full-time opportunity for a Physician Assistant (PA) to join an Otolaryngology group located in downtown Los Angeles, Boyle Heights, Hollywood, Hawthorne, Montebello, Palmdale and Glendale California. You will be joining five physicians and eight Physician Assistants (PAs) in a flourishing practice.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will be working full-time in clinic, surgery and on hospital rounds with a primary focus on our Allergy Practice. This opportunity is perfect for any candidate who wants to work in a friendly environment with lots of hands-on experience and autonomy. There is a good balance of clinic, operating room experience and hospital experience. You will see patients, assist in surgery and perform procedures. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are reflective of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Completion and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of California
- National Certification with NCCPA
- 1-2 years of ENT experience preferred
- Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Spanish Speaking PREFERRED
- Armenian Speaking Desired
- On the job paid training for first few months
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Hospital perks and Doctor/PA friendly environment
- Freedom with patient care and increased income earning potential
- Educational opportunities including conferences, travel grants and book stipends
- Opportunity to learn and grow with up and coming physicians and a busy practice in the heart of Los Angeles
- Great locations in Downtown Los Angeles with easy freeway access from all areas of Los Angeles.
What we are looking for:
- PA who is interested in working full time and wants to grow with a growing practice.
- Desire to be in surgery and working up surgical patients
- Willing to do consultations and take call for reasonable compensation
- Willing to take on own patient load under supervision
- Desire to take on a new career that is long lasting and fulfilling
Hospital Affiliations: Multiple hospitals in Downtown, East LA, Hollywood, Glendale and Monterey Park. You may find out more about the practice on our website: www.laent.com Interested candidates should apply, including a cover letter and any salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will be required to:
- Sit for long periods at a time.
- Stand for long periods at a time.
- Use hands and fingers in repetitive motions, daily.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 20 lbs. periodically.
- Travel to clinic locations or sites as needed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Los Angeles, CA
- $17 an hour
- Los Angeles, CA
- $150,000 - $160,000 a year
- Los Angeles, CA
- $145,000 - $170,000 a year