Full Job Description
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).
- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).
- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).
- Develop and implement a management plan.
- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies and resources within the community.
- Order pharmacologic interventions.
- Develop and implement an educational plan.
- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.
- Manages the care of patients with complicated medical or surgical conditions.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente’s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum one (1) year experience unless specified by department, as an NP or PA.
- Minimum of 3-years of recent Cardiac Surgery experience required, including Endoscopic Vein Harvesting (EVH).
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant Program OR graduate of an accredited RN and NP Program.
- NP Only: Master’s degree in nursing (effective 1/1/03 for those not previously grandfathered in by CMS).
- Current California Physician Assistant License or current California Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- NP Only: Current California RN License.
- NP Only: Current California Furnishing Number.
- Maintain current national certification from approved organizations (American Nurses Credentialing Center, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board) or National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants appropriate to education and department (must be obtained from NCCPA for initial state PA license, need not be maintained, for those not previously grandfathered in prior to 1/1/2001 by CMS).
- Current American Heart Association BLS card.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Willing to consider Nurse Practitioner job code 50159.
- If department elects to hire a new grad NP or PA, the California Furnishing Number and if applicable, the DEA Registration Number, must be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.
- The probationary period would also be extended from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
- Current DEA Registration Number
- If ten (10) hour option chosen, shift will be 7:00 am-5:30 pm, back up 8 hour shift will be 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
PrimaryLocation : California,Los Angeles,1526 N. Edgemont Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 07:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:30 PM
Job Schedule : Per Diem
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B13|AFSCME|UNAC
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Physician Assistants,Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Sunset Medical Center – Cardiac/Cardiovasculr Surg-I/P – 0806
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Los Angeles, CA
- $17 an hour
- Los Angeles, CA
- $150,000 - $160,000 a year
- Los Angeles, CA
- $145,000 - $170,000 a year