Full Job Description
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
The Alignment Jump Start Assessment (JSA) program is a physician-led and advanced practice clinician-driven program that is intended to care for and support Alignment Healthcare patients with complex and chronic care needs. As a JSA Advanced Practice Clinician (APC), you will work within an interdisciplinary team environment that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, case managers, and other health care team members to ensure proper delivery of clinical and home-based patient care. In this role, you will assess, develop, and coordinate options and services promoting quality care in order to achieve optimal health care outcomes while also ensuring cost-effective care complying with Alignment policy and all state and federal regulations. Our members are typically aged 65 and over and home and virtual visits will be between 45 and 60 minutes depending on whether it is an annual or initial visit.
We offer a great total package that includes competitive base salary, annual bonus, stock options, CME, 401k and more!
- Conduct in-home assessments (with some outpatient clinical work) on health plan members.
- In-Home Assessments will include obtaining comprehensive history, physical exam, medication review, and appropriate cognitive/depression/safety screenings.
- Comfort with End-of-life care discussions imperative.
- Laboratory specimen collection in the home setting when appropriate.
- Identify diagnoses to be used in active medical management and care management of patients with focus on chronic disease management.
- Communicate findings of the patient assessment to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
- Provide patient/family/caretaker education, with an emphasis on close monitoring and follow up of patient needs.
- Emphasis on knowledge of appropriate community resources for referral.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited NP Program or PA program
- Preferred one (1) year of prior clinical or home care experience
- Previous EMR experience preferred
- Active California state Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license
- Active RN License and Furnishing number (Must, upon hire) NP only
- Active Nurse Practitioner Board Certification/Physician Assistant Certification
- NPI Number, DEA, Valid BLS
- Valid California driver license and current automobile insurance
- Experience in care of older adult (geriatric) patients preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills required
PAY RANGE: $125,000 – $171,800 annually.
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Los Angeles, CA
- $150,000 - $190,000 a year