Full Job Description
As part of a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare providers under the leadership of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Physician Assistant (PA) works in a collaborative effort across all departments to remove barriers for accessing healthcare. The PA must incorporate standard medical practices and health center policies into their clinical practice to provide quality care commensurate with training and licensure. The NP delivers culturally sensitive appropriate care for an outpatient, primary care health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population.
Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center is a non-profit community health center that is dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of our community by providing accessible, high quality care by integrating primary care, dental care, WIC support, mental health counseling, community health education and more.
Compensation: $127,000 – $139,000 annualized, depending on experience.
Loan repayment/forgiveness candidacy is available. Our service area qualifies as a Medically Underserved Area (MUA) and a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) through the National Health Service Corp (NHSC) loan repayment program. To learn more, visit the following link: www.nhsc.hrsa.gov
- Performs health assessments, including a thorough history and physical examination, ordering or performing certain diagnostic tests, medication orders, evaluation of the psychosocial and family aspects of the situation sufficient to make a general health assessment, and diagnose the nature of common acute and chronic conditions, and any necessary follow-up care.
- Promotes and maintains periodic health assessments and preventive screening, assessment and guidance with regard to health hazards, good family health habits and family planning.
- Manages common acute and chronic illnesses, and initiation of life-saving procedures in emergencies.
- Provides various clinical oversight of NP/PA trainees, NP residents, and/or new providers. Directs medical assistants, lab personnel, and other non- professional medical staff as appropriate.
- From time to time may provide in-service training for staff in selected topics within scope of practice of medicine as appropriate, and/or as deemed necessary by the CMO or his/her designee.
- Performs all duties for successful electronic health records maintenance including but not limited to; completion of medical records and documentation management of Inbox and results, coding, and signing off charts within the designated time set by the organization.
- Assists in internal quality control audits, performs and maintains the standards of quality of care based on specialty and organizational standards.
- Discusses or refers as needed, complex and high priority patient cases
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with the organizations Service Excellence Standards. Adheres to all canons of ethics including the organizations code of conduct for clinical providers.
- Demonstration of patterns of continued learning in order to ensure growth as a practitioner.
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences, and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by TVHC, Inc.
- Must be willing to travel to and from the service sites as needed by CMO or designee.
- Provides additional assistance within and outside of clinical arena, as requested and/or as appropriate, to ensure the ongoing success of the organization.
- Works as a member of the health care team and assists in education of patients and the community in preventive health care and health maintenance concepts.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the CMO.
- Board certification from a certified Physician Assistant or related program which entails training as well as practice in the above mentioned duties.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine in the State of California, including DEA license and CPR required.
- Two years of experience as a Physician Assistant preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience providing medical care within a community health setting preferred.
- Must be in possession of a current medical license to practice in the State of California, including DEA license, and CPR.
- Board Certified in designated specialty field of practice is required.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine.
- Demonstrated ability to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, external contacts, and other organizational members.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed TVHC’s Service Excellence Standards.
- Must be willing and able to work periodic evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
- Must have ability to travel to other TVHC sites or locations to perform duties or attend meetings as needed.
- Bilingual, especially Spanish, is preferred but not required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical problems.
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee populations.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
We offer excellent benefits including: 100% paid medical (co-payments, prescription, premiums paid for), dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous paid leave benefits including holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement plan with an Employer match, tuition reimbursement, monthly treats, pet insurance and more.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Los Angeles, CA
- $106,200 - $169,900 a year