Full Job Description
- One year or greater recent clinical experience in specialty care of surgical patients.
- California Licensed Physician Assistant (PA)
- Graduation with a master’s degree, or PhD from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- National certification as a Physician Assistant (NCCPA)
- DEA Certificate within three months of hire
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Judgment skills to effectively meet the needs of patients
- Self-direction and organizational skills to function in an independent role
- Ability to cope with personal stress experienced by team members, other professionals, and caretakers
- Experience managing disability or peer to peer paperwork for insurance authorization.
- CITI Certification within 3 months of hire.
- Valid NPI number.
- Ability to meet minimum standards for hospital credentialing and billing standards as a billable provider
- Must be able to work occasional overtime
- Ability to work flexible hours including some overnight and weekend shifts as necessary.
- Able to lift 25 pounds, see well enough to read gauges and identify injuries
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment
- The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we’re solving life’s most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don’t just maintain – we improve.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Laguna Beach, CA
- $55 - $70 an hour