Full Job Description
, and excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, dependent and domestic partner coverage, 403(b) retirement savings plan, and loan repayment programs, and commuter benefits. LifeLong qualifies for federal and state loan repayment programs
(HPSA score is 21).
Acceptance rates may vary year to year based on funding levels and the number of applicants.
1. Provides preventive, urgent care and primary care health services within Skilled Nursing Facilities. Performs clinical assessment of patients, including ordering appropriate diagnostic evaluations, and plans a program of care. Provides verbal and written education and counseling to patients, families, and caregivers. Plans follow up care including requests for outside consultations and evaluations. Maintains client records necessary for clinic reporting, billing and quality improvement. Consults with the supervising physician as appropriate.
2. Supports and/or participates in triage functions, both by phone and during rounds. Recognizes and evaluates situations that call for the immediate attention of the physician. Provides interim or definitive care. (what does definitive care mean?)
3. Participates as a member of the site clinical services team. Attends clinical team meetings. Engages with clinical quality improvement initiatives.
4. Supports internal quality improvement teams to advance the mission and strategic goals of the organization. 5. Provides care in compliance with all laws, regulations and accreditation standards that govern skilled nursing facilities. 6. Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the provision of primary care services for the underserved with demonstrated ability and sensitivity in working with a variety of people from low-income populations with diverse educational, lifestyle, ethnic, and cultural origins.
- Ability to take the initiative, work independently and make sound judgments within established guidelines; understand and apply oral and written instructions; establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, clinical providers, managers, and external agencies or organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and ability to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds and be culturally sensitive.
- Be creative and mature with a “can do,” proactive attitude.
- Strong organizational, administrative, multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a positive, friendly manner and to be flexible and adaptive to change.
- Work in a team-oriented environment with several professionals with different work styles and support needs.
- Conduct oneself in internal and external settings in a way that reflects positively on LifeLong Medical Care as an organization of professional, confident, and sensitive staff.
- Ability to continuously scan the environment, identifying opportunities for improvement and intersections with other departments of LifeLong Medical Care and partner organizations.
- Current California NP or PA license.
- Training and experience in geriatrics, internal medicine, and/or family practice with board eligibility or certification required.
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population in a community-based organization and sensitivity to their needs and health problems; commitment to a community health philosophy of prevention and primary care.
- Experience with electronic health records.
- Community Health Center experience.
- Experience as part of a team-based care model.
- EMR Epic experience.
- CAQH PAVE/ORP
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Laguna Beach, CA
- $55 - $70 an hour