Full Job Description
At NorthBay Health the Physician Assistant (PA) – is required to function as a member of the multidisciplinary medical management team. The Physician Assistant is a health care professional with advanced education and training in the care of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations. The PA works under the direction of a licensed physician. The Physician Assistant is also directed by standardized protocols and procedures and in collaboration with the supervising physician.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program approved by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current Physician Assistant licensure by the State of California Physician Assistant Examining Committee and Board Certified.
- AHA or equivalent CPR required.
- Maintains a current DEA license for schedule II drugs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as a Physician Assistant practicing in a related field, or completion of internship in primary care at NorthBay.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate patient’s physical and emotional status.
- Demonstrates ability to provide patient care based on age-related needs with current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: adult, adolescent, pediatric and geriatric.
- Ability to use computer, MS Word, Outlook, telephone.
- Knowledge of Cerner Patient Health Record System preferred.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence
Compensation: Hourly salary range MIN $78.94 – MAX $95.94 (offered hourly rate based years of experience)
At NorthBay Health we are committed to providing you with competitive wages and quality benefits for you and your family:
- Wages reviewed annually and adjusted to remain competitive
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for full and part-time employees and their families. Part-time is 20-39 hours per week
- Tax-deferred 403b with a percentage matched by NorthBay Health
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tax deferred dependent care plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Recognition Program
- Vacation & Sick Time benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Group Long Term Care Benefit
- Wellness Program
- Generous shift differential
NorthBay Health provides sophisticated healthcare services not only in our two hospitals — NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield and NorthBay VacaValley Hospital in Vacaville California — but in our primary care, specialty care practices and urgent care centers. From oncology to open heart surgery, and from birth through the end of life, NorthBay Healthcare has teams of medical experts ready to assist in your care.
It is our goal to exude warmth and caring as we meet and greet patients, family and visitors in our hospitals and medical offices. Our dedication to our patients continues throughout their healthcare journey.
NorthBay Health was born in Solano County and we remain committed to delivering advanced medicine here to the community we serve. That’s why we continue to invest in modernizing and expanding our facilities, purchasing cutting-edge equipment and pushing the limits of technology alongside other healthcare pioneers, such as the Mayo Clinic . Our competence, capabilities and practice of collaborating with some of the nation’s most advanced clinical institutions enable us to manage extremely complex cases right here.
To learn more about NorthBay Health’s benefits, diversity statement and community please visit https://www.northbay.org/careers/index.cfm
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Fresno, CA
- $130,000 - $165,000 a year
- Fullerton, CA
- $120,000 - $140,000 a year