Full Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for providing direct patient care, diagnosing and treating, in collaboration with a licensed physician and under direction of the physician according to established protocol and policy statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and update patient records through EMR system.
- Treat patients and order blood work and other tests as needed.
- Establish rapport with patients.
- Provide advice on healthy habits and practices for patients based on their current health status.
- Prescribe and refill medications as needed.
- Assist practice physicians when needed.
- Perform physical examinations.
- Create treatment plans.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree, Candidates must graduate from a PA program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Licensed by the state of Arkansas as a Physician Assistant, plus 2 years related experience and/or training.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensed by the state of Arkansas as a Physician Assistant. CPR certified.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Other, Word Processing/Typing