Full Job Description
Leidos QTC Health Services is the nation’s largest provider of disability and occupational health examination services. We are passionate about our country’s veterans and service members, united as a team and inspired to make a difference. We are dedicated to provide quality, timeliness, and excellent customer service to these service members and you could be a part of that mission.
We are seeking a Physician Assistant Level I-V at our Tuscon, AZ clinic to help ensure our service members get the best care possible. You will play a vital role in the continued care of these men and women.
Your Role with QTC Management:
As a Physician Assistant with Leidos QTC Health Services, you will conduct a variety of general medicine, occupational, and disability health examinations including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing medical history and associated records
- Interpreting clinical data
- Completing written reports and generating independent medical opinions (IMO)
The examinations may be completed in-person (in a clinic setting), in the examinee’s home, telephonically, at large event settings for the Reserve Health Readiness Program, or using telehealth platforms.
You will also have the ability to travel (up to 30%) to provide physical examinations for veterans and service members in multiple locations throughout the country.
Salary: $120,000 – $160,000 with a potential annual bonus up to 30%.
Work Schedule and Location:
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm with a 1 hour lunch from 12:00-1:00.
- 1925 W Orange Grove Rd, Ste. 200 Tucson, AZ 85704
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physical examinations for the following lines of business: Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Department of Labor.
- Occupational health exams to include pre- and post-employment and annual physicals.
- Generalist approach to multi-system disability evaluations to include evaluations of conditions specific to the military operational environment like Gulf War and Prisoner of War
- Most examinations are in person evaluations, but some may be completed virtually or by medical record review only.
- Housebound physical examinations
- Completion of Veterans Benefits Administration Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQs)
- Provide primary medical evaluations to include, but not limited to, initial review of laboratory, pulmonary function and ECG studies Documentation of examinee records in appropriate systems.
- Collaboration with other professional and support staff as needed and communicate with internal and client team members in determining the most effective and evidence-based way forward on behalf of the examinee population.
- Demonstrates compassion, professionalism, and a commitment to providing excellent customer service and care to the claimants.
- From a primary care perspective, be able to fully assess examinee health status through physical examinations.
- Collaborative, best proactive and informed standard of care-centric, decision-making skills
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine medical opinions.
- Technically competent with computers/tablets to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and using Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Unrestricted State medical licensure without limitations to perform full scope of authorized practice.
- Education and training in an US accredited, post baccalaureate (Masters) course of study and certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Minimum 3 years of post-graduate primary care experience
- Specialty/sub-specialty clinical experience also valued but not required.
- Experience conducting occupational/disability medical examinations preferred but not required.
- Receive a medical clearance that may consist of passing an N95 respirator fit test, pass a Tuberculosis/TB test and receive a Hepatitis A/B vaccine series or pass a Hepatitis A/B Titer test.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. As a result, we offer meaningful and engaging careers to support you and your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here: Join Our Team | Jobs & Career Opportunities | Leidos QTC Health Services (qtcm.com)
The Leidos QTC Health Services pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to): geographic location, responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos QTC Health Services. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
- This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Tucson, AZ
- $125,400 - $200,600 a year
- Tucson, AZ
- $60.29 - $96.44 an hour