Full Job Description
American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction, Wellish Vision Institute, West Texas Eye Associates and Vantage Eye Center. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for completing a comprehensive medical history and physical assessment in accordance with applicable state health and safety laws and standards of practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Prior experience is preferred but not required
- Current unrestricted license with Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Board Certification as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely, appropriate and concise communication that facilitates continuity of care
- Accurate, complete and legible documentation
- Knowledge of basic and specialty-specific medicine
- Knowledge and understanding of obtaining a thorough medical history
- Knowledge and understanding of physical examination requirements for surgical patients
- Knowledge and understanding of patient rights
- Function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral member of the clinical team
Benefits & Perks: